Monday, February 1, 2010

Butterflies for Haiti


My adorable neice, Natalie, has come up with a brilliant idea to help raise money for people in Haiti. She is making butterflies out of coffee filters and other materials in exchange for donations. Each one says, "Pray for Haiti," and they are so pretty! (Photos taken by her beautiful mother, Rachel).


If anyone is interested in making a donation, you can write a check out to UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) and 100% of the donation goes to Haiti. I will send the checks to her and she will mail me back one of her butterflies for you! You can read more about it by clicking on the link to the article below. As of today she has raised over $1500! It's amazing what a 6-year-old can accomplish! Just let me know if anyone is interested!

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/jan/26/wings-and-a-prayer/

4 comments:

  1. CUTE!! She looks just like you! I know I say that every time but I just can't get over it! What a proud aunt you are-and should be!! Way to go Natalie! BTW nice blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job helping the cause....she's lucky to have such a great Aunt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing!!!

    Love your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I love your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete