Monday, May 3, 2010

After a month-long hiatus...I'm back!

Actually, make that a month and a half. Excuse my absence, dear friends, I took a bit of a blogging sebbatical, if you will.

So what have I been doing with myself the last 6 weeks? Well I'm so glad you asked! To sum it up in a sentence: New cat, spontaneous beach trip, death yoga, cooking, and flood of 2010. Oops, that wasn't a sentence. Oh well, you get the drift.
Here are some pictures of the beach trip I snagged from Erin...



This was a fun and unexpected trip with the lovely Erin! She asked me if I would like to go to the beach one Wednesday afternoon, and we left the next day. Luckily I was able to get Thursday and Friday off work! While there, we went parasailing, saw dolphins (which I chased along the beach for over a mile, leaping over marooned jellyfish the entire way) and sunned on the beach. We also met a nice Free Spirit Surfer Dude type who let us borrow his kayak. Me being the suspicious type that I am, made Erin tuck her credit cards into her swimsuit for fear of our stuff being stolen as we paddled away. I felt bad for being suspicious, but you just never know. As we ungracefully heaved ourselves into the kayak (I insisted on pulling it out past the breakers, which led to some interesting manuevers getting into the thing), we wondered, just how long is a free kayak ride supposed to last?

Not long, it turns out. After paddling around for a little while, we spotted a frisbee floating in the water, which we decided to try and grab. Once we got semi-close to it, however, the current quickly pushed us in. "I guess that's how long a free kayak ride lasts!" I said. Our stuff was still there, right where we had left it. Turns out Mr. Free Spirit Surfer Dude was a nice guy after all!

But anyway, back to the business of filling you in on the past six weeks. I've also been trying to cook more recently. This was a particularly delightful meal I enjoyed one drizzly afternoon while sitting on my front porch.

Other cooking endeavors have included stuffed bell peppers, 7-layer cookies, and potato soup. Well friends I think it is time to wrap this post up. More on death yoga, the great flood of 2010, and the new cat to come...

3 comments:

  1. "We are passed the breakers! We are passed the breakers!"

    That was such an awesome beach trip =) Oh, spontaneity!

    "...flood of 2010. Oops, that wasn't a sentence. Oh well, you get the drift."
    Not sure if this was intentional... but I found this to be very pun-ny ;-)

    Last but not least... delicious looking tomato mozz salad. Yum!

    As always, fantastic post! I love your updates =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tehe i thought it was pun-ny as well! ;)

    thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful post! I agree w Erin, great pun...and BEAUTIFUL PICS!!! Can't wait to try the potato soup;) Ohhh I also want that bell pepper recipe!

    ReplyDelete