Anyway, she has started giving out "top banana" awards to the dancer who impresses her the most in class each week. It's kinda like when you are in kindergarten and your teacher lets you take home the class stuffed animal for the weekend, only we get a banana instead. Sometimes she forgets about the banana and no one gets it. Sometimes she isn't pleased enough with anyone to give the banana out. But last night was a different story. Because last night....I got the top banana!!!
FINALLY! I have never gotten it before and I was sooo excited. Possibly the most exciting moment of my dancing career, hah! Okay maybe not, but still! I'm top banana!
I also got my first solo dance dress last night!

I bought it used and need to replace a few crystals on it, but I think it is sooo pretty. I can't wait to wear it at my competition in September. Let's just hope the judges think I'm top banana as well! But until then, I have a plush banana at home to remind me that for this week at least, I'm at the top!
OHHHHH YAY!!!! I'M soooooo PROUD OF YOU!!!! Go top bananna go!!!! and to think you don't even like bananas! GET IT!!! The dress is absolutely Beautiful...what a splendid choice! I want to see it on you!!! WAHHHHH WHOOOOOO!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE,
Ginge
well maw always did say i was her banana girl! glad you like the dress!!! come over and i will model it for you!! hope to see you sooooooon! LOVE YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteb-a-n-a-n-a... TOP BANANA!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Congrats!
Your dress is beautiful!