Oh dear. Talk about a self-esteem boost.
And while I would love for my teeth to look like this, adult braces are just, well....kind of embarrassing.
I mean it's one thing for a child to have braces. It's accepted, it's normal. But say you are attending a presentation for work. Perhaps you are sitting in a conference room full of people, perhaps the presentation is on, oh I don't know, employee benefits. So the insurance representative in his fancy suit walks up front to make his presentation, and you notice a flash of metal. You're going to take a second look, right? So for the rest of the presentation you just sit there and try not to stare at his brace face, and in the process totally forget to listen to what he is saying. Anyway, all this to say that I find adult braces to be somewhat...distracting.
Why does everything need to be perfect anyway? While I am completely aware that I have a snaggle tooth, (pictured below) I like to think it gives me character. Besides the fact that a drinking straw fits perfectly in that little space between the snaggle and my bottom teeth.
And sometimes I think it's kind of cute when people have a few wayward teeth. Gives their mouth a little bit of personality. Perhaps a little bit endearing, even. I don't know...should I continue to embrace the snaggle? Or would enduring the embarrassment of adult braces for a couple of years be worth it in the end? Let me know what ya'll think!


I like your smile the way it is babe,
ReplyDeleteKris
I know how you feel sis. My bottom teeth need braces from where dad ripped out a tooth with pliers when I was little. I constantly have dreams that it's gonna crumble and fall out!
ReplyDeleteoh dear! luckily you can't really see your bottom teeth and your top ones are pretty straight! that must have been a traumatic experience for you! sometimes i dream that my front teeth have gone missing. it's always a relief when i wake up and realize they are still there!
ReplyDeleteAll I'm saying is INVISALIGN!!! You should do it-I think it's totally worth it-and you can finance it too for very little a month. I'll do it with you b/c I'm so sick of my bottom teeth being a lil crooked. There's nothing like a beautiful smile! :) (not that your's isn't, but you know what I'm saying)
ReplyDeleteAdriel,
ReplyDeleteI'm with you! I like when people have teeth that have a little character. Perhaps because I am one of them, but whatev! That is not to say that the Brits shouldn't get on board with some childhood braces!
I love your smile the way it is!
I totally understand the adult brace thing....your teeth are pretty and the "snaggle" as you call it isnt real noticable. But as you know me, I do love perfect teeth--Anthony had braces as an adult and he had the invisaline ones...its basically sets of retainers that accomplish the same thing. Also now days they can put the braces on the backside of the teeth...just a few thoughts....
ReplyDeleteinteresting...thanks for the comments guys! :)
ReplyDelete