Monday, February 22, 2010

Dogs are people too

This past weekend I babysat my dog-neice, Darby. She is the BEST dog, very sweet and well-behaved. I took care of her for a few months when she was just a wee pup and she looked like this...

Isn't she cute? She lives with my sister now, but I still get her on the weekends sometimes when Alina is away...

"Mom where are we going? I hope it's Aunt Adriel's house!!!"

"YESSSSSS!!!! It is Aunt Adriel's house!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!"

This is also her expression when she learns she is going to the dogpark, or anywhere, for that matter! I love her expression here-such exuberance! We went to the dogpark on Sunday and she had a blast! She loves playing fetch and she is always the fastest dog in the park! Seriously, this dog runs like a deer!

I think we may have worn her out. Kris looks a little sleepy too...hah! Anyway, I had a lot of fun playing with her this weekend. Animals add so much enjoyment to life, don't you think? I totally understand why people with pets tend to live longer. Animals are so funny and great stress relievers! It's always been interesting to me how much animals seem to understand us. I took her to a friends house on Saturday night and she kept looking at me as if to ask if she was allowed to sit on the furniture. So cute! I pointed to a chair and she hopped right up! I think Darby thinks she is actually a human. At night she even slept with her head on my pillow. hah! Silly girl! Now if only she and Cooper could learn to get along...poor cat sat on the kitchen table the ENTIRE time Darby was over. Oh well...maybe next weekend they will become friends! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I tend to feel stressed when I'm around animals! No stress reliever for me! I guess that's why they say, "Different storkes for different folks!" Maybe I need to just find the right animal...now just where could I put a dolphin????

    ReplyDelete
  2. considering the recent seaworld debacle, perhaps you should just remain pet-free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tired! lol Darby is fast tho
    Kris

    ReplyDelete