Strange dreams continue (Two nights ago I was an elephant flying on a flying trapeze, floating along with the greatest of ease...) but I have not had to dial 9-11 anymore this week. I guess the elephant dream was fitting, considering where I will be going in a couple of weeks.
The insane asylum, you ask?
Nope, they're not quite ready to take me there yet. Hah! I am going to run a 5k hosted by the Nashville zoo, and I am so excited. My wonderful roommate (Known as BS) will be running it with me, and I was sharing some of the details about the race with her earlier today. Here is a snippet of our conversation, just because I found it so entertaining:
Me: "It says you can wear animal themed clothing, but long tails are discouraged due to the running nature of the race. Sorry girl, we're gonna have to leave the tails at home...
BS: What?! I cant wear a tail!!!??! Hahahaha. This is going to be better than Halloween seeing everyone dressed up and running. We should paint our faces!
Me: Oooh I love that idea! I want whiskers please!
BS: I mean mine will sweat off...yes! Whiskers! Meow!!
BS: And we can make all sorts of animal noises while running!
Me: HAH!
BAGOK!
chirp chirp
ooeeeah ah ah
(that was supposed to be a monkey)
I think we should RAWR across the finish line!"
So as you can see, this race is kind of a big deal. I mean...we get to run on back trails at the zoo and go places the public doesn't normally get to go. It's probably going to be one of the best days of our lives... or something like that. I wonder if the slow people will dress as turtles? Now that would be funny.
Anyway I gotta run. Off to find bunny ears and assorted animal print running gear...I wonder if Nike makes leggings in cheetah???
No comments:
Post a Comment