Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winter is making me fat

Warning: This post will be whiny. Read at your own risk!

I miss warm weather. I dream of long summer days, running after work in the park, swimming, playing tennis, being out on the lake, all the fun activities that come along with the most wonderful season of the year. In the summer, I am skinny and full of life. In the winter, I am not. Winter is making me fat.

In the winter, I cook fattening things like chili to warm myself up. In the winter, I watch more tv at night because it is already dark by the time I get off work and I cannot play outside. At the beginning of the winter, I am still my normal semi-svelte self. By January, I am wearing layers and scarves not just because it's cold out, but to cover my pooch. Winter is making me fat.

I will not accept this any longer. I will not let the cold defy me and cause me to have what my friend Katie refers to as, "secretary butt." Instead, I am going to learn to embrace the cold, bundle up, and get moving. Starting with my 5k run tomorrow. After all...swimsuit season is just around the corner!


Me at my last 5k on the 4th of July, when things were a lil bit sunnier. Vitamin water, anyone?!

2 comments:

  1. oh jeez. you weren't kidding... you are whiny. and disillusioned... because have you forgotten that you take dance? and do yoga? and sporadically run with me??? speaking of- cant wait for tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...but sporadic is the key word! haha, thanks tho. i am DEF looking forward to tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete